How to Apply for a Credit Card With No Credit History
By Sara Hannees
|Having worked in the financial industry for the last seven years. Written several articles on financial products including loans, investment plans, [https://www.bbazaar.my/credit-card.html]credit cards and insurance, many more.
Money which can be used to buy anything we want, yet which we do not hold, feel and count in our hands. Money which can both save our lives and destroy it.
Money is a necessity and our entire life revolves around it, right from figuring out means of earning it to how to spend it and our efforts to save it for a better future.
The modern concept of money doesn't involve its physical presence, but rather presents itself in the form of a card, a magical card which can instantly make wishes come true. The Credit Card has revolutionised money, transcending physical boundaries and opening up multiple new avenues. There are cases where the only item we need is our credit card and the prospect of carrying money has changed drastically.
Who are the people with no credit history?
Credit History is associated with everyone who has used a credit card for any purchase. The people with no credit history are mostly students and new immigrants in a country, who have never taken out loans. In the case of card applications, an individual with bad credit history has a better chance of getting a credit card than a person without any credit history. There are however avenues to get a credit card with no credit history.
Individuals who wish to apply for credit cards without any history can choose from some of the options below, which can significantly improve their chances of getting that elusive cards.
- Student Card - Most major banks and financial institutions offer exclusive student cards targeted towards the student community. These cards do not require an applicant to have previous credit history and can be obtained if the individual meets certain criteria. Having a job can make it easier to get the card approved and banks prefer to hand out this card to those who have a source of income.
- Pre-qualification Test- Certain banks allow individuals with no credit history to take a pre-qualification test online. This test lets them know if they can get a card approved and the reasons why the card was denied, if it is rejected. This information could help one prepare better the next time they apply for a card.
- Store Credit Card - Certain nations have the concept of store credit cards, which are easier to get and do not need any credit history. These cards have low credit limit and high interest rates and generally have cards which are not Visa or MasterCard approved.
- Prepaid Cards - Individuals with no credit history but with disposable income at hand can apply for prepaid cards. These cards are as good as normal credit cards but the credit ceiling is limited to the prepaid amount. There is no fear of exceeding credit limits or late fees with these cards.
- Co-signed cards - Banks offer co-signed cards for people with no credit history. These cards require someone with decent credit to co-sign for you, with their financial backing increasing your chance of approval. Co-signed cards can be a smart move if you have someone who trusts you and is willing to sign on your behalf, though they also allow your financial transactions to be viewed by the co-signee.
- Secured Credit Card - Secured cards are similar to normal credit cards in most aspects, except the fact that one needs to make a security deposit in order to be eligible for a credit limit. Individuals without credit history can choose this card if they have suitable security deposits with them, which will essentially guarantee them the credit card.
Applying for credit cards without any history can be a tedious and long drawn affair but one has to remember that applying with any and all banks is not a smart thing to do. Rejection is a part of this process and one has to be smart enough to choose the alternative cards mentioned above in case of rejection. Getting any of these cards approved is likely good enough to get an individual a credit history, making it easier for them to get better credit options in the future.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?How-to-Apply-for-a-Credit-Card-With-No-Credit-History&id=9174488] How to Apply for a Credit Card With No Credit History